• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Arlon Wrap Kit - Spider cracking in one area - ideas?

MarkH42

Several months ago we wrapped a Sprinter van with the Arlon SLX wrap vinyl and laminate. There is no rear window on this van, but the design called for printed vinyl to look like a window (black with lighter text). So, we wrapped the entire rear of the van with digitally printed solid red Arlon (HP Latex printer) with laminate. In the recessed area where the window would be, we laid a second layer of black digitally printed Arlon, with laminate. In that area, it is spider cracking (see pic). Could it be an issue with there being two layers? Is it possible one of my employees grabbed the wrong laminate when laminating this one area? This is easily resolved, but we are relatively new to the Arlon product and I want to understand what went wrong. I appreciate the help.
Tras South rear cracking 0618.JPG

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I use the Arlon wrap kit and I have never seen anything like this before. My vote is wrong laminate.