• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ArtCam + Gerber Sabre = Woodgrain texture

nolanola

Hello forum.
Looking for a solution to my problem.
The goal is to create a woodgrain texture and engrave HDU material with ball nose bit 3/16" using gerber sabre 408 cnc machine. Similar to this:

omen.jpg

omen 2.jpg

I had a similar task a couple years ago and a gentleman made the Artcam file for that is no longer available, however I still have photos of the finished product (Omen sign).

This time when I created a Machine Relief Toolpath (.ger extension) in Artcam I got an X axis error on the cnc machine.
model.jpg

We made it work by changing the Tool Clearance Strategy to Constant-Z but it made the routing process very long.
This took 17 minutes:
17 minutes.jpg

This took 90 minutes:
90.jpg

I'm also looking for an expert who could work with me on this subject via skype, so i could share my screen.

Thank you.

RetepK

Hello forum.
Looking for a solution to my problem.
The goal is to create a woodgrain texture and engrave HDU material with ball nose bit 3/16" using gerber sabre 408 cnc machine. Similar to this:

View attachment 156914
View attachment 156915

I had a similar task a couple years ago and a gentleman made the Artcam file for that is no longer available, however I still have photos of the finished product (Omen sign).

This time when I created a Machine Relief Toolpath (.ger extension) in Artcam I got an X axis error on the cnc machine.
View attachment 156916

We made it work by changing the Tool Clearance Strategy to Constant-Z but it made the routing process very long.
This took 17 minutes:
View attachment 156917

This took 90 minutes:
View attachment 156918

I'm also looking for an expert who could work with me on this subject via skype, so i could share my screen.

Thank you.
You can use a vector pattern and a V-bit to quickly produce a woodgrain background. I have a file I made years ago for this. You are welcome to it if you give me your email.