• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ATV and MX graphic kit material?

NSDdesigns

Just would like to know if anyone else on here are making these kits and what material you prefer? I my self have been using CONVEX highbond vinyl and laminate. Good stuff, nice and durable. It's a little unforgiving on install even with wet application. I have been doing a 6mil+7mil combo for a while but think I need to up the thickness of my laminate on the race kits I do. The racers seem to wear through the 7mil to quickly.

Whats everyone else using and what type of thickness?

NSDdesigns

Hah, I just found Substance the other night. 6mil vinyl and 15(!!!)mil laminated, sounds like a good set up. I wonder how it handles curves and if the application is tough? I'll definitely look into this a bit more.

What printer are you using? ECOsolvent inks sit well on this type of material?

Vital Designs

Vital Designs
Substance will send you a sample. I got some a few weeks ago but have not had a chance to test it yet. It has a lot of good feedback though.

TresL

Been printing both Convex & Substance for years on my Roland.
Use the Matte base.

Matt @ Substance is a good dude. Tell him I sent ya his way.

Rooster

I've been using the convex base vinyl with a 12 mil lam I get from remington laminations in Texas. It conforms nicely and after a couple of years is finally starting to get scuffed.

Apparently it's the same stuff FactoryFX uses.