• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ATV templates, where do you get them and who has the best?

My new neighbors business (the atv dealership) is rocking. I've got quite a few people interested in the graphic kits for their ATV's. Talked to the folks at convex and got a sample roll. They also sent me a piece of a template so I can "try it before I buy it."

I tried running some scrap material through the plotter to check the fit and alignment and it's not even close to the actual ATV. Either the partial template is wrong or the ATV has been modified, it doesn't fit. The dealer says that the ATV hasn't been modified and has only factory parts in the area where I'm trying the decals (the rear fenders).

If I need to I can probably make a template, but I'd prefer to save myself the headache and buy one. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Chris

TresL

Most of the ATV's can use basic number plates for the front and rear fenders.

If you want full graphics it's alittle different.

We do several quads a week.
But, be prepaired, they quad guys are not the same as the bike guys.

Brands Imaging

the best ATV templates??

thats a joke right?? Theres like 4 panels. i guess if you really needed 1 just make one in illustrator. Why do you even need one..?? Just mock it up for your customer on a photo and get it done.

Correct me if I'm wrong but making decals for an ATV seems a lot different than wrapping a car.

The ATV that I'm playing with is a TRX450R. The kits I've looked at on line have about 15 different panels just for that one vehicle. Because of the plastics used in the construction of ATV's standard vehicle wrap material will not work. According to most folks on this forum it seems that Convex is the correct material for the job, unfortunately Convex looks like it'll be a real PITA to apply. Also by the time you put the correct laminate on the product, the graphic is going to be thick, really thick, it's not going to go around much of a curve if any.

So yeah I'm totally serious about wanting a template that would work. Making a template for one ATV isn't that big of a deal but I've got three other models to figure out next week if I can get this to work.

TresL

You can't wrap MX/ATV's.
The material is 18-20mil thick.

Here is what a basic TRX450 kit looks like, depending on what hood they are running.

Attachments

• trxKIT.jpg
    trxKIT.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 396

Mader Design

Flame, I have the template to this and it fits accurate and perfect, a long with the others (KFX, LTR, DS450). I'm not allowed to post as advertisement but if you need something just pm me. So saying no one sells them isn't the right statement.