• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AutoCad file issues

CanuckSigns

I've got a bit of a head scratcher here. I have a client we engrave plastic electrical plates for, the tags have their logo as well as a CSA logo on them. The customer sets the files up in autocad and prints to a PDF which they send us.

The issue I'm having is the 2 logos are bitmap images the same size as the document on transparent backgrounds, so if there are 8 tags on a 11"x17" sheet, with a company logo and a CSA logo on each, I end up with 16 11"x17" transparent bitmaps stacked on top of each other, and when I go to grab one of the tags in coreldraw it leaves the 2 logo behind.

I don't know enough about autocad to even offer a suggestion, I'm hoping someone else has run across this before, I've had a few issues like this over the years, and normally I would just quickly recreate the files myself, but this client has to go through a big approvals process and if I set them up myself, it needs to go through the process again.

Any Ideas?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Are you trying to just grab one or 2 or the whole stack?
If you do a drag right mouse button select with the alt key held down Corel will grab everything the mouse passes over (without having to window select the whole object just cross one of it's contours).
If you want specific images selected you could open the object manager and ctrl-click select them from the list.
If you need to move them around a lot, group the ones you want to stay aligned and you can just move or scale the groups.

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
You can always have them send it over as a DWG file, and then you can open it up in Corel, and it SHOULD open up just as they are seeing it in CAD. Now a lot of times lines aren't joined together and it is a little sloppy, but nothing you can't manage to easily fix. Usually we have our clients send it over as DWG or DWF as it seems it opens easier in AI than if they were to save as a PDF and then you open it. Worth a shot in my opinion.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I can think of several quick workarounds but without seeing the actual file it's kind of hard to figure.
Make sure all is grouped then try drawing your own "box" around the image in question. Select both the image and the box then choose intersect. Now just control delete all the other images out.