• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Automark 230-231

tbullo

Superunknown
Is anybody using Automark 230 on box truck sides and trailers? I have a few jobs coming up that looks like maybe a good fit for this product. I asked my materials rep about it, and he says that they sell a lot of it for that purpose( flat side box trucks and trailers). I was wondering about real world use of it. Normally we do this in 3M ij180, but with people penny pinching now made me look at this product.

RichSigns

Is anybody using Automark 230 on box truck sides and trailers? I have a few jobs coming up that looks like maybe a good fit for this product. I asked my materials rep about it, and he says that they sell a lot of it for that purpose( flat side box trucks and trailers). I was wondering about real world use of it. Normally we do this in 3M ij180, but with people penny pinching now made me look at this product.
I use a ton of this stuff. Works great.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I like 3M IJ40c with 8518 and oracal 3551ra with 290g. Oracal 215g laminate has worked well for us too on flat surfaces.
Price is the same as 230 but they are removable, 230 spec says permanent.

johnschleich

We use Automark 230 in our shop all the time. However, our installers tell us not to use it on box trucks with rivets as anything that is not cast wrap film will fail around the rivets. Have other shops seen this happen?

TopFliteGraphics

Never used it before so I am going to give it a shot - I have a 20' trailer to wrap this week. Thanks for posting - my customers are penny pinching too :)

I like 3M IJ40c with 8518 and oracal 3551ra with 290g. Oracal 215g laminate has worked well for us too on flat surfaces.
Price is the same as 230 but they are removable, 230 spec says permanent.
Just noticed this post from a ways back.

I wrap a lot of trailers and I have one customer who doesn't care about tenting on rivets and likes to save money so a cal/vinyl with a cast/lam is what I am looking for and I just got an amazing quote from Glantz on 3551ra, was thinking about using that with Grimco's Wrapcast Laminate. I had been using Grimco's IM330 vinyl and Lam but I have a new wrap crew and they hate the way it sticks and is hard to reposition so I am looking for something that has that IJ180 feel without the 3m price... you still sticking with 3551ra or you have something else I should look at? thanks!