• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Automatic cut job is not working (barcode on top)

willkho

Yesterday was the first time I use the take up reel to print small stickers. I put the barcode on top and flip the cut contour job (so I can start cutting from end of the roll without rewind it).
However, my summa (S1) didn't start cutting after loading the barcode. I need to drag the cut file every single job.
Any idea how to make it automatic? If I don't use take up reel (barcode at bottom), the summa just load the job after job.
Thanks.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
I've had similar cutting issues on a graftec.
To resolve 90% of the problems, I increased the size of the bar code to large and shaded the shop lights from reflecting on to the barcode on the printed vinyl.
I figured this out by closely watching my cutters read its marks.

I don't know if your cutter works the same as ours but when we had a similar issue it was because the far right pinch roller was positioned too close to the barcode for the sensor to read the code correctly. Moving the roller out a bit did the trick.
IMG_9610.jpg