• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

AVERY EZ RS bubbles after install ?

normana61

why does the material bubble after install , i mean 24 hrs after install, when it was installed it looked like glass. the vehicle is not outgasing as it has happened on different makes and models, also trucks & trailers.

normana61

Letterbox Mike

Sounds like either you didn't squeegee with enough pressure or you didn't post-heat, or both. RS has a pretty low initial tack, so if you don't work it down hard and heat it afterwards I could see air flowing through the channels and pocketing or bubbling in places.

ucmj22

Sounds like either you didn't squeegee with enough pressure or you didn't post-heat, or both. RS has a pretty low initial tack, so if you don't work it down hard and heat it afterwards I could see air flowing through the channels and pocketing or bubbling in places.

+1 I have noticed that sometimes it looks like it is down firm, when it is not.
just make sure you are using enough pressure.

WrapperX

Bubbling on flat surface or in areas that are recessed?

Pictures?

If it's in areas that are reccessed like that area on a van where windows WOULD be on the driver side but aren't - its more then likely because you didn't use a primer (like you should) or you didn't post heat properly or at all (like you should)

If it's on a flat area then there might've been chemical on the surface that didn't get cleaned well enough - maybe some adhesive removal from cleaning up previous graphics?

OR you might have a bad batch of vinyl - although I would think a bad batch would have more then random lifting. But you never know.

sar bossier

I use this vinyl a lot - even, firm pressure when applying, then you MUST post-heat the entire area. After 1 day, we re-evaluate and if necessary, post heat again (happens rarely). Hope this helps!

J

john1

I just did full stripes front to back on a car with EZ Apply black and it layed and looks beautiful. I seen the car about a week after the install and it was flawless.

Brands Imaging

I just did full stripes front to back on a car with EZ Apply black and it layed and looks beautiful. I seen the car about a week after the install and it was flawless.

Thanks for your input John, but your awsome "full stripes" aren't a vehicle wrap and even a monkey couln't mess that up.

We just did an install Full Wrap on a 2011 Tundra with this sh*t that was outsourced to us. It doesnt wanna stick after big stretch of after tenting a handle and you have to squeegie it hard as hell in order to get all those bubbles out.

The bottom line is that avery's claim to fame is thier low tach adhesive, even in thier high-tack products like the economy vinylor even the EZ RS, and even that blows. In my opinion there are only 2 options for vehicle wrap..3M, Oracal and Avery...in that order. If you buy a cheaper vehicle wrap to save a few bucks then this is what you get.

Bottom Line...buy 3M, and dont skimp out.

AUTO-FX

And no one asked for your opinion on Avery media....

Surely, thousands of installers nationwide successfully install avery everyday or the company would be out of business. I'm no fan of avery either, but such a broad statement such as 'your whole problem is you are using avery' is certainly not this guy's whole problem.

You were not criticized for the interjection of your observations, nor should John be subject to what appeared to be a belittling reference to his observations.

HulkSmash

Thanks for your input John, but your awsome "full stripes" aren't a vehicle wrap and even a monkey couln't mess that up.

We just did an install Full Wrap on a 2011 Tundra with this sh*t that was outsourced to us. It doesnt wanna stick after big stretch of after tenting a handle and you have to squeegie it hard as hell in order to get all those bubbles out.

The bottom line is that avery's claim to fame is thier low tach adhesive, even in thier high-tack products like the economy vinylor even the EZ RS, and even that blows. In my opinion there are only 2 options for vehicle wrap..3M, Oracal and Avery...in that order. If you buy a cheaper vehicle wrap to save a few bucks then this is what you get.

Bottom Line...buy 3M, and dont skimp out.

Funny, companies buy the new Avery because it's a better wrap product then the current 3M. Actually the price i was getting 3M at, is a 60 dollar difference for the set... nothing special. Price has nothing to do with it.. well maybe for some it does..? Your ignorance is beautiful. Do you even do a high volume of wraps?

Oh another funny fact, on your website you list Avery first as supplies used.

Avery sticks perfectly, doesn't bubble , and conforms MUCH better then 3M. If you're having problems with it, It's on a user level - not a material problem. The reason for averys lower price point is to get back into the market they messed up on 5-6 years ago. next year, it'll cost more then 3M, and i'll still buy it.

Brands Imaging

Funny, companies buy the new Avery because it's a better wrap product then the current 3M. Actually the price i was getting 3M at, is a 60 dollar difference for the set... nothing special. Price has nothing to do with it.. well maybe for some it does..? Your ignorance is beautiful. Do you even do a high volume of wraps?

Oh another funny fact, on your website you list Avery first as supplies used.

Avery sticks perfectly, doesn't bubble , and conforms MUCH better then 3M. If you're having problems with it, It's on a user level - not a material problem. The reason for averys lower price point is to get back into the market they messed up on 5-6 years ago. next year, it'll cost more then 3M, and i'll still buy it.

I'm not turning this thread into another stupid argument, especially with someone who has a reputation of stealing customers and being dishionest in the wrap game on a national level. (yes, we all speak more then you know)

Also, why do I need to answer your stupid question about how many wraps I do? You clearly have been to my site already to browse, I have at least 60 wraps on there and that number rotates monthly. Also I dont have my proctucts "ranked" on there, its simply for SEO, no first or last.

I'm also not gonna argue with you about Avery and 3M. If you like stealing cutomers and using shitty material then keep using it. I'm just telling the OP that lots of people often have problems with Avery. That is all.

Please dont respond, its immature, thread jacking and useless.
Thanks!

HulkSmash

I'm not turning this thread into another stupid argument, especially with someone who has a reputation of stealing customers and being dishionest in the wrap game on a national level. (yes, we all speak more then you know)

Also, why do I need to answer your stupid question about how many wraps I do? You clearly have been to my site already to browse, I have at least 60 wraps on there and that number rotates monthly. Also I dont have my proctucts "ranked" on there, its simply for SEO, no first or last.

I'm also not gonna argue with you about Avery and 3M. If you like stealing cutomers and using shitty material then keep using it. I'm just telling the OP that lots of people often have problems with Avery. That is all.

Please dont respond, its immature, thread jacking and useless.
Thanks!

I steal customers? That's a new one. Wish i knew about this one. You should probably learn what you're talking about before you make yourself look like a fool. cause i promise you, you will embarrass yourself if you continue to spur useless, reckless, untrue comments. Why you getting offended? I'm just saying the stuff sticks fine, and if it bubbles maybe you should take a few classes. Someone is a little insecure. Not surprised.

J

john1

Listen Brands, The reason your such a douche bag to me is because i was going to outsource your company to do a large job i wasn't familiar with. It didn't go through and i guess your butt hurt over it.

I apologize for even thinking your company could help me in that job bid to be honest, You show your true colors on the forums here and are nothing less than a douche bag.

You really need to grow up because that was months ago and you still haven't let it go. For someone who does all these wraps and big jobs you do let it get the best of you when someone comments on something less than your standards. Your not the best out, nor the only one in Philly doing wraps so step it down a notch and be helpful or say nothing at all.

Last edited by a moderator: