• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Media?

JasonMeisnerSTS

Hello All,

I have a few plotters and for the most part, I use OEM media. I have en Epson GS6000, Roland Versa Cam 540, a Canon Imageprograph 9400, and a few small Epson printers. i am trying to see if it makes sense to purchase Avery media( at a better price of course and especially if i buy for all the printers) and use this instead of OEM media. does anyone have any feedback using this media? also, are there active profiles available as well for Avery? thank you

J

Dennis422

Avery is one of the big three manufacturers of vinyl in the USA. So, I would say yes, they are well represented and they have profiles available for most of the printers.
I use Avery 1005 without a lot of issues. I like it. There is no perfect vinyl. I like Oracal, but 3751 seems to be way to tacky on instals.

Good luck

player

Avery is one of the big three manufacturers of vinyl in the USA. So, I would say yes, they are well represented and they have profiles available for most of the printers.
I use Avery 1005 without a lot of issues. I like it. There is no perfect vinyl. I like Oracal, but 3751 seems to be way to tacky on instals.

Good luck

I have been using 3751 on large curved trucks with welded seams and it has been a struggle. It is very temperature sensitive as well. What would you recommend is easier and not so grabby, but still has an 8 to 10 year lifespan?

Dennis422

I'm using Avery 1005 EZ RS with DOL1360 laminate.
I did not do many complex installs, but for anything with rivets and such, I use that.

Last weekend at NBM show I talked to a few installers and trainers (No names because of their affiliations with manufacturers), all of them told me good things about it.
There are few small thing that are different from others, but make the life a lot easier when using Avery. Post heat is one of them.