• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Rich Black Print Issue

Hey All,

so I keep running into this issue when I print on our Avery MPI 1105SC material with a rich black. It seems as if the ink smears when it goes around the take up roll but only when I print rich black. every other colour I print is fine. I have been using the corresponding print profile and I even turned the drying heat up and still no success. does any one have any suggestions what my issue is?

a77

You're on the right track... it's just not drying before it hits the takeup.
If heat doesn't do it... then you need to slow it down, or just change the cmyk mix so it lays down less ink.
Best solution would be to make your own profile.. looks like the profile you're using is just to heavy on the ink limits.

Oh... and you could try blowing a fan on the print as it comes out to make it dry a bit faster before it rolls up onto the takeup.

You're on the right track... it's just not drying before it hits the takeup.
If heat doesn't do it... then you need to slow it down, or just change the cmyk mix so it lays down less ink.
Best solution would be to make your own profile.. looks like the profile you're using is just to heavy on the ink limits.

Oh... and you could try blowing a fan on the print as it comes out to make it dry a bit faster before it rolls up onto the takeup.
I will see if I can slow it down and reduce the cmyk values. The Profile used is the avery profile as well so I never thought to much about it.