• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Supreme Wrapping Film adhesive

Bly

We've not used any of this stuff yet.
I'm quoting a job and flicking through the swatch book just noticed the samples all have clear adhesive.
I'll be going over some striping with white so the stripes will show through.

Weird. I'd have thought grey glue would be standard for vehicle films.
Looks like 3M 1080 for this job then.

worthy1

Hi Bly,

I cannot recommend Avery Supreme enough.

I managed to get a roll of 3M 1080 Matte white of someone for a really low price, we decided to wrap our business car in it which was bright orange. As there was not enough we ordered the Avery Supreme Matte white to finish it and test its ease of use.

Was hesitant at first as it appeared to be translucent. Once applied could not see any of the underneath colour, cant get a bigger test then bright orange through white. Also we found it much easier to apply then the 3m 1080.

That was awhile ago now and it has been Avery Supreme all the way since. All other avery colours since didnt appear translucent to start with as the white did but again it didnt turn out to be an issue once applied.

Why not grab a meter of each and test, comes down to personal preference but imo i agree with Avery's independant testing done to show that it is the easiest car wrapping film to apply.

Hope this helps....

Bly

Yeah we've used a heap of the Avery print wrap film and it's a breeze to lay.
The colour change film is way cheaper than 1080 too.
The clear adhesive probably isn't an issue over a solid colour but this job is covering white with a nasty thick blue stripe along it which I think will show.
Looks like time to order a metre in and see for myself.

worthy1

That is why i was hesitant at first due to its lower pricing but even when you compare both technical specifications i can not see why it should be cheaper or in the case of 3m 1080 why it would be more expensive.

That is the best way to do it, grab a metre and test. I can not see an issue with it covering multiple colours including a stripe as it is a colour change film (should hide anything underneath). The issue will be if the stripe is an vinyl one already which mean it would be slightly raised off the car surface, if this is the case them 3m 1080, supreme or anything over the top will still show the raise.

worthy1

Interesting.

Id like to see some sort of Avery logo on the back of the backing paper as well. I like to show customers the vinyl i am using before i do a job. Helps to show i havent just quoted for good stuff and then use cheap imported stuff to make a profit like unfortunately other places have been known to do. Bit hard to show when the backing is blank......

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Interesting.

Id like to see some sort of Avery logo on the back of the backing paper as well. I like to show customers the vinyl i am using before i do a job. Helps to show i havent just quoted for good stuff and then use cheap imported stuff to make a profit like unfortunately other places have been known to do. Bit hard to show when the backing is blank......

I've never ever had a customer question the material I use. I tell them up front we use quality wrap vinyl and laminate because it's easier to work with for installation and we take pride in our work. I tell them happy customers are our best advertising. Why would they suspect us of shooting ourselves in the foot by using lower quality materials?
I do however wish Avery would put a nice thick waxy backing like 3M's so it doesn't tear as easy when I don't want it to.