• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Avery Wrap Course

archerdesign

Im in day two of the Avery Wrap Course and having a great time. We are using 1005 with easy apply and RS, laminated with 1360 lam. It's an amazing product. Im brand new at this and learning a tonne. The instructor is Justin Pate, and is awesome at what he does. Great teacher too. Has anyone else out there taken this course? Taught by Justin? Studying for the exam tomorrow and taking a break, so I thought I'd throw this out there and see what others think. Thanks!

Dave

sardocs

Good luck with the exam. I was wondering if the course is focused strictly on vehicle applications, or do they touch on other surfaces, like brick or mortar. As I mentioned in your other thread, I'm well established here on the coast and nobody asks about wraps. But murals are more commonly inquired about. I don't think we've met, but you and I are both working on a project now with Dean Schutz. Nice job of vectorizing that logo, by the way...

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i recently bought his DVD and was disappointed. I thought the graphics he chose to wrap the vehicles in the DVD were way too simple. I wanted to see how graphics lined up from a crazy bumper to hood to fender and we got to see a basic solid color wrap.

i picked up a few tips that made it almost worth the $100, but would't suggest it.

archerdesign

Hi! Yes..all to do with wraps. Thought it would be a good talent to have under my belt! Jason, from Vital Signs, and I hooked up on this and thought it would be a good thing to promote. Thanks for the vector compliment. I got the original file from Wrens, and it was unusable, so figured I'd clean it up. Maybe one day we will meet??? Haha.

Wiggum PI

What concerns me most is he's teaching classes rather than doing what he does. Ponder that for a second.

I would normally agree with this and I have no knowledge of the guy but..

I can't see how you could be a legit or recognized 'teacher' in this field unless you were getting your hands dirty on a regular basis with new materials and crazy applications of which the best, I would imagine get paid very well to 'teach' the products.

BTW, I'm in the market for a teaching position lol

VTSigns

I took the class back in April and I thought it was pretty good. I liked that it was just about all hands on and not just sitting in a classroom. You can't really question the guy and what he teaches as he has wrapped over 3000 cars in his career. He definitely knows what he is teaching. He still wraps many cars when not teaching. I think he only teaches 12 classes a year from Avery. His DVD's are definitely worth the money. He believes in simple wrap design (for maximum effectiveness) so that is why you are going to see pretty basic designs being installed on his videos. I would definitely recommend the class for the price if you know absolutely nothing about wrapping. It's only about $500 and you get a half roll of Avery wrap vinyl with laminate along with other useful tools.

Stealth Ryder

He wraps many vehicles each year, travels for teaching only a few times each year.. Solid guy, one of the best people you will ever meet...

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
What concerns me most is he's teaching classes rather than doing what he does. Ponder that for a second.

Are you insinuating large companies like Mutoh and Avery would allow an amateur be the instructor for their products? If he's making more money teaching blokes to wrap than he did working doing wraps...hat's off to him.

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
i recently bought his DVD and was disappointed. I thought the graphics he chose to wrap the vehicles in the DVD were way too simple. I wanted to see how graphics lined up from a crazy bumper to hood to fender and we got to see a basic solid color wrap.

i picked up a few tips that made it almost worth the $100, but would't suggest it.

"disappointed" I guess you can't please everybody.