• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Awful noises from my FB700 (YT linked)

tedbragg

Im really concerned, as the FB700
Has been a quiet running monster. I’ve cleaned the rails, carriage wheels, everything I know, and lubed with oil rag, etc. as spelled out in the manuals. It seems to emanate from the carriage—the noise ‘follows’ it back and forth.

YT link here: Noisy HP FB700

Yes, I know the shutters are clacking a bit…THAT I can deal with.

Mattocks

Mad Scientist
Im really concerned, as the FB700
Has been a quiet running monster. I’ve cleaned the rails, carriage wheels, everything I know, and lubed with oil rag, etc. as spelled out in the manuals. It seems to emanate from the carriage—the noise ‘follows’ it back and forth.

YT link here: Noisy HP FB700

Yes, I know the shutters are clacking a bit…THAT I can deal with.

You figure it out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LLBPrinterMan

Not to resurrect an old thread but what did this end up being? Was the problem the loud "whirring" sound? The shutters seemed a bit loud, but I didn't really hear anything else that seemed out of place.

tedbragg

Happy to report (sorry for delay) it was a number of things -- carriage wheels, shutter springs, loose screws inside the carriage, and a few other things. The ionizer was completely blown out (black as night) and the power supply thing for the ionizer had MELTED contacts on the inside. The tech we called out had a field day. Took two solid days but it's been okay since. Only issue is the UV lamp loses itself -- printer says it's not detected but clear the alert and it prints fine. Everything working, just a lil banged up.