• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Awning Vinyl Labeling - 3M Scotchcal 220 Film

Drewmich

Looking for another company to cut and install the lettering on a new awning - fabric is 100% acrylic.

Infrared heated vacuum press

Have artwork and can ship the fabric.

Let me know if you can help and I'll send you the specs and artwork for bid.

Michigan area preferred but Greatlakes area also.

Thanks!

Drewmich

Let us know how the search goes. I've struggled for years to decorate acrylic awning material.
Just putting a client's logo and company name on the main body of the 14 ft rectangular awning ... and their (3) word byline of services on the 6" valance.

Hoping to find a sign co that can cut the vinyl lettering and logo using 3M Scotchcal 220 film or similar and apply it to the awning fabric on their Signtec or similar Infrared heated vacuum press.

That process seems to be the best method long term for adhering vinyl film lettering etc to awning material - (100% acrylic is this client's awning)

Hope to fin d someone soon ... actually can ship anywhere in the US the fabric as it is not very large or heavy.

Thanks!

visual800

Explain the SB system? Is the lettering film vac pressed to the fabric?
yes but it has to have a specialthermal film that is applied first and then the vinyl is pressed down on that film

the thermal film is not stickey but adheres once its heated down and then vinyl graphics are heated down on top of it. they only specify using 3M 7125, the thermal film is expensive and it only comes in white