• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Back lit translucent nonadhesive

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
So, I made the wrong thing...and need a trick. I made signs for a pylon. An old pylon. We ordered prints on backlit translucent material. You normally have to apply the sheet adhesive to. But its going on a pylon sign that has plexi and i can't put the roll adhesive on it
Does anyone have any tricks to glue this sign to the plexi?

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
So, I made the wrong thing...and need a trick. I made signs for a pylon. An old pylon. We ordered prints on backlit translucent material. You normally have to apply the sheet adhesive to. But its going on a pylon sign that has plexi and i can't put the roll adhesive on it
Does anyone have any tricks to glue this sign to the plexi?
Putting adhesive onto a backlit film is not a solution that is going to work well. You need to reorder as an adhesive vinyl product.

Chris Keena

You could laminate the film adding a mounting adhesive to the bottom but it won’t last and you’ll be re-doing sooner than later. Re-do and make a proper job.

Chris Keena

It won't last outdoors is what I'm saying. Mounting adhesives aren't rated for outdoors. You'll be redoing the job in a year because it's bubbling or falling down. You don't want that publicity.

MelloImagingTechnologies

Many years in the Production Business
The way it used to go back in the days for the graphics people were they would print on backlit film, it would be slid between 2 sheets of acrylic with no adhesive.
This way the store owners could change them next month themselves.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
So, I ended up scrapping the back lit and printed on vinyl. Thanks for the advice and saving me from having to do it again.