• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backlit banner material?

speedmedia

Hello all,
Does anyone know of a standard banner material that has qualities of backlit? I have a customer who wants to do several signs that are 20"x48" printed on a banner material for backlit purposes. I see from my supplier several options for very large signs but nothing off of a standard 30" roll or anything like that they all seem to have a blockout layer.

Thanks,
Kurt

speedmedia

Hell your guess is as good as mine...lol I guess they got some sort of top secret thing going. They first wanted acrylic faces now they want some sort of translucent enough banner material for backlighting...

Whatcha got?

Thanks,
Kurt

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Yeah Im sure it has to do with pricing as banner will be alot less then face mounting backlit film lol. I have a synthetic tear proof paper for solvent that looks good with light behind it and it will look nicer then banner material. Its a little bit more then Banner, The sq.ft cost is about $0.18 a sq.ft and comes in 30"x150' rolls

scuba_steve2699

We just ran some of the neschen fabrics that came out great. I liked the mambo fabric the best so far. Very easy to work with and looks great backlit!

Mosh

A_holes like that make me mad. That is exactly what they are trying to pull. If they asked for a banner, give them a banner. Put grommets in it too, that would be funny watching that install.

speedmedia

A_holes like that make me mad. That is exactly what they are trying to pull. If they asked for a banner, give them a banner. Put grommets in it too, that would be funny watching that install.

Me to. Funny thing is he said he wants grommets in it. I have no clue what he is doing with it other than wants light to shine through. I told him to make this work it has to be stretched like flex face over a cabinet. Apparently people think we are stupid and don't care to divulge all of the details...lol He is going to pick it up himself and try to apply it to whatever application he has in mind. Scary....

Thanks,
Kurt

American & Proud

Around here I have seen stores that are empty and TEMP stores move in.

They Wrap the lighted signs from the previus store as a Temporary sign.

Spirit Halloween stores do this all the time and Christmas stores.

During the day they look like a banner wrapped sign but at night they look like any other lighted sign. To the avarage consumer.

They are meant to last a few months. Maybe this is what they need?