• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backlit film for Solvent Printing

housemusikid

What is a good brand of backlit film that you use? I have a roll that I am unhappy with that is matte and BLAH! Glossy preferred.

housemusikid

Laminate is what we want to avoid. This is short term and will be changing them out regularly. I know there is some out there... (I hope).:covereyes:

housemusikid

The amount of ink I lay down when printing on trans would make it impossible to apply w/o laminate....if it was for short term I would just use Oraguard 200. (how much are you saving by not laminating....???)

I use Oracal 3850...then apply matte or gloss lam. I doubt they make a gloss translucent vinyl.... considering all the plotter translucent vinyls are matte.

There are no panels to apply the 3850. I use the 3850 regularly for translucent prints. The backlit film is like a plastic you can take in and out of a lightbox without hassle and it is translucent. I am sure you knew this, but just in case someone else doesn't.

petepaz

i have a good back lit that we use but like pat said the ink coverage is heavy so it is really best to lam or it scratches real easy but you can use it how ever works for you
i get it from D & P media 877-437-6334 ask for dale tell him you want the backlit material that pete from product id uses ( DGI DEL SOL 8.5mil gloss backlit film)
i use it on my roland machines and do a double pass of ink works great

Malkin

We got a roll of the Sihl 3549 OPTILUX Backlit Film and it prints great. It's labeled as a matte, but I would call it a satin, really nice finish.

jmcnicoll

Call Big Dog Media Solutions and ask for Barrett. He has a real nice and thick glossy backlit that I have tested.

jim

datablitz

Roland just came out with a glossy and a matte backlit film. I am considering trying it out. Its on their website under the media section, featured at the top