• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions backlit interior panel

BillyBoy86

Looking for some suggestion, as i haven't done much with lighting since i've started doing business for myself.
My Client is looking for a 6' x 6' panel, i'm figuring acrylic, to be custom cut and mounted to an interior wall.

It's a 3-color design, one of the colors being black.
Does anyone have any suggestions on materials, mounting options (figuring it will need to stand off the wall for the lighting) and best lighting option?
Would attaching LED strips direct to the wall be an option and have the panel stand off of that?
if so, how far should the panel be from the lights?

Open to all suggestion and thoughts.
Thanks in advance for your time

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is this to be a self-contained cabinet or just a piece of plastic with standoffs and lights in back of it ?? Without any covering along the edges, light is gonna go out the top, sides and bottom, not to mention be somewhat blinding if you come up along side of it and glance over. That'll be one ugly look.

BillyBoy86

Is this to be a self-contained cabinet or just a piece of plastic with standoffs and lights in back of it ?? Without any covering along the edges, light is gonna go out the top, sides and bottom, not to mention be somewhat blinding if you come up along side of it and glance over. That'll be one ugly look.
Their thought is just a panel with lighting. This was one of my concerns. Thank you, Gino. Like i said, not much experience with lighting, aside from occasional repairs on existing signs

BillyBoy86

Halo lit is more of an effect than a setup. Lit letters shining light out the back making a halo around them. I think you want to look at some of those lit frame setups. They make rather cheap one's like you would see in a movie theater, but they also make crazy expensive ones with laser etching progressively deeper towards the center for even lighting distribution.
expensive ones: http://litegrafx.com/polaris
cheap guys: https://www.displaysmarket.com/prod...nated-displays-led-sign-frames/smart-led-box/
Awesome, thanks!