• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backlit profile for GS6000

Grambler

I was hoping to get some help. I'm new to onyx and I'm looking for a backlit profile. I would appreciate it if someone could point me the right direction.

Freese

For Onyx; the best places to download up to date profiles is their own Printer and Profile Download manager from their website.

It has the best variety of materials for that printer. IF there isn't something specific, there will be one very close.

boxerbay

try visiting the backlit manufacturers website. sometimes they offer downloads of profiles.

Magic has one for the ONYX - http://www.magicinkjet.com/product_55.html

Our Colorburst comes with the Epson Backlit profile and it works well.

NOTE: Backlits are a pain to print because every light box has a different amount of light they emit which creates a different white-point for each box. If the box has crappy daylight florescent it will not look as nice as on an LED bright white box. also, if you print it with a high density ink for LED box but the client has a cheapo florescent box the prints will look dark. Be sure to have the light box in hand - if possible - so you can make a test print and check the illumination. Not all light boxes are the same.