• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backlit SEG graphics

Zendavor Signs

Mmmmm....signs
I'm looking for some guidance from someone who has sold these type signs before. I purchase one about a month ago from a supplier (that will remain unnamed) that was 2ft x 5ft, and I was very disappointed in the result. It came with "edge" LED lighting - that is, LED lighting around the perimeter (to backlight the graphic). I had expected LED lighting to go on all 4 sides, and it wasn't. They only provided lighting for the 2 short sides. In fact, the lighting strips were only about 18" long. The lighting wasn't as bad as that may sound, but it had some significant dark spots. Also, the LED lights jutted out from the edge, so there was a solid 1" or so darkness around the perimeter of the graphic. I have a large project coming up that will have several large ones, and I want to be a more savvy buyer this time around. I complained to the company I bought the first one from, and they said they would look into it, and never got back to me after several attempts. I have reached out to a few other companies for this new project, and you would think I am asking for their trade secrets. They are very reluctant to tell me what they are doing for the lighting. These other companies are also about 2x the price, which I would be OK with if I am really getting a better product. We did a change-out for a national sign company a few years ago, and that backlit SEG sign had honeycomb LED panels in the back. That one lit up really nice, but I can't find anything like that. TIA

MikePro

what were you expecting and pics of the results? are you trying to buy/make edge-lit signage or backlit signage?
i'm sure plenty of people on here would be willing to suggest terminology/spec/source, but need to know the win-conditions :)