• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Backup Utilities?

WVB

Curious to know what all software is being used for an automated/semi-automated back up software. Thanks

dennis j

We had a Taravan 20 tape drive that worked good for us for years. We had to replace the tape drive last fall so we bought another of the same they changed the software over the years I think the name of the software that came with the drive was Tapeware (the old software quit working with one of the Windows updates) we tried for over 2 months to get it to work with our system no luck. I took the brand new tape drive out and went to a DVD burner not automatic any more but at least we have backups now.

WVB

I use a laptop for all my work, so I have an external hard drive I put into a firewire casing. I am looking for backup software to back up certain folders/files to the external. I know there is CMS Products Bounceback and VCOM's AutoSave, just curious to know if anyone has used these or other back up software. Some imput would be nice, before the initial purchase.

ChiknNutz

On my primary sign-PC, I use an inexpensive product from the Software995 folks, called Backup995 (oddly enough). For $30, you get the whole suite, the best of which is a PDF file maker. It also comes with a decent enough backup utility. I do use it, although it isn't all that robust. You can view all the files w/o being inside the program (good thing IMO).

On my laptop, I have a limited version of NTI BackupNow!, which seems to do a good job. My concern, however, is that you can only view the files in the backup when in the NTI software shell.

I just read a review that said Genie Backup Manager was the best [in their opinion] followed by NTI BackupNow!

giantsfan1951

i've been using Mr. Mirror by warpgear. allows single file or multifile /folder backups and standard zip file compression. Also has scheduler for auto backups of whatever "backup set" of files you want... I believe they have a try for free version at there site www.warpgear.com