• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bad alignment? - black "bleeding" red + blue

Sherry2006

Alright, I've seen this question asked a few times on this site, and i'm sure you guys are sick of seeing it. But, of course, it happens to me, now i'm the one bugging.
I recently changed the manifold on the black/blue head on my SP300. Now, my blacks are looking somewhat 3d, lol. It gives the effect that 3 images (one black, one red, and one blue) are being printed slightly above/below each other. I've tried bi-directional correction, print-cut adjust (manual), calibration, cleaning the encoder strip, head cleanings, and even went inside to make sure all screws are properly tightened. I get the same result EVERY time, absolutely no change. I've done everything the service manual says to properly align everything, but nothing works.
I had a head-hit about a year ago, but even after that, it never gave me results such as this. Any tips? Thanks again in advance guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 96

Sherry2006

no way of doing it yourself? We have no service tech's within a 5 hour drive from here, so getting them here is ALOT of $$$$$$ for something that can be done by myself.

tbaker

from looking at the test print, I seriously doubt you could get them more out of whack then they already are, just remember that in the case of head alignments a little bit goes a long way.

NZDR-Payne

+1 on the head alignments. You're going to need to do the manual adjustments like tbaker said. I don't think there is any way the electronic adjustments will get those back in line.

Did you use a hammer to replace that manifold? :)

CarNate69

Head alignment more than likely...manual adjustment is all you can do. Service mode is your friend on this one.

Sherry2006

+1 on the head alignments. You're going to need to do the manual adjustments like tbaker said. I don't think there is any way the electronic adjustments will get those back in line.

Did you use a hammer to replace that manifold? :)

lol It sure looks like I did from the print results!

To manually adjust it, is it a matter of un-screwing the entire print carriage from the printer body itself and lowering/heightening it? I've tried lowering it, thinking the closer the heads are to the vinyl the clearer the image will turn out, but i've gone as far down as I can go without the heads hitting and still nothing.

CarNate69

No, that isn't what it needs. Making it closer won't help. The head won't actually go any lower. You cannot touch the alignment of the head without knowing what you're doing. I would recommend calling a technician from this point forward.

printing238

i never fixed a sp300 but there should be a screw to hold the head in losen it a bit and you should be able to move the head in or out to align it.
Then use the head align on the printer to get in spot on.