• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad Black prints

SLShop

We have problems with our black
print head is about half a year old and the Black ink 2 months we use nazdar ink and we use a ciss System every Black print looks oversprayed and the testprint looks like the color is already clogging the other colors prints perfect
So is the Problem Bad ink or some air in the lines Bad Damper?
IMG_20221114_214054.jpg
IMG_20221114_214114.jpg
IMG_20221114_214258.jpg

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Make sure your cap top is clean and if it's 6 - 12 months or older, I would just change it. While you're in there, flush the cap top and pump tubes with a syringe to make sure it's not clogged. Then run a nozzle wash and set it for an hour. That will try to break up any full or partial clogs in the head.

Also, if your CISS is an after market one that you have to fill manually, those tend to introduce particles into the system over time that could be causing your issue. That type of system is cheap but over time it allows the solvents in the ink to evaporate which allows the pigments to separate and clump which clogs nozzles. They can work for years and then cause issues out of the blue because it takes time for all those pigments to build up and clog the system. It's why I prefer closed bulk systems that use bags with the air already sucked out of them and have a septum so that needs to be pierced when installing so no air gets in.