• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bad lamination = bad wrap

WB

I've done a few partial wraps lately.
All with 3751GRA-290G.

After the graphics are laminated they curl like crazy once out of the laminator, apply heat why installing and forget it. I knew this was going to be an issue, and now the graphics are lifting of almost flat surfaces around the edges on almost flat surfaces!!

I know Oracal 3751GRA Is not the most aggressive vinyl but it's it that bad. I know it's the lamination, put I was thinking maybe the adhesion of the vinyl could hopefully over come the curl of the lam.

Thoughts?

Or

Why did you post this your wasting our time you know the problem.
:covereyes:

tim99

all of our laminated vinyl has a slight "natural" curling from how the media is stored. how hot was the vinyl when laminated? out gassed or straight from printer?

AF

Assuming the prints have had ample time to outgas properly, you most likely have too much tension in your laminator. Use the least amount of tension to produce correct results. If you have to crank up the tension to get the lamination to look good then this is an indication that you are you not properly webbing the machine. 290g is a fantastic overlaminate when properly applied.