• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

baggage/container label material

does anyone know of or can recommend any type of material we can use to print for baggage/container labels. they are non adhesive and need to be around the same thickness or slightly thinner than standard business card stock.
thanks

just spoke to norman at advantage, he said the stihl/tri solve 3686 8mil should be good for this as its semi ridged. anyone use this before?

petepaz

never used that stuff before so i don't but check with d and p media for print ask for dale smith
they have some rigid material that should work and the prices are good
(sometimes i just call and tell him what i need to do and he come up with something that works) 877-437-6334

thats basically what we did with advantgae, told them the job we are quoting on and asked what would be the best material to use.
never used anything like this stuff before, so i have no idea what its like. he said its good stuff and is made for eco solve and solvent printers so should work. hes sending out a smaple for us today.

MikePro

talk to advantage about Sihl products. They've been pushing it a lot lately and are extremely competitively priced with some nice levels of polycarbonate thickness to choose from.
Its plastic instead of paper, and maybe more expensive than a roll of card stock, but has great rigidity.

it was the sihl 3686 that norman at advantage is sending us a sample of today. is this the stuff your talking about or do you have a ref number for the stuff you mentioned?

MikePro

I've also a sample of 3686, which is a paper material that's got card stock thickness to it.

3608 is the plastic polycarbonate. Ask for a sample roll anyways, i'm sure they'll send you one as well.

Letterbox Mike

3686 is a poster paper stock, 9pt, semi gloss. prints great on our printers. not sure if it will work for what you're doing, but it is nice media, it's the only paper we stock, I haven't found anything nicer (except for photo papers).