• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding issue - Help needed please?

HannesG

Hi all

I'm a newbie here, seeking some assistance with a banding? issue I'm experiencing.

Printer: Mimage 1.8M with single DX5 head.
Ink: Ecosolvent
Software: Maintop RIP

I bought this printer about 8 months ago, brand new and I used it only for about 4 months when this issue started.

If you look at the the 1st and 2nd pic you will see the nozzle check is good, then I will print a simple block with cmyk colors and the last pic you will see how the ink dropped out and the nozzle check is pretty bad.

I've replaced the capping station and all 8 dampers - there is also no visible air/bubbles in the ink lines.

I've done a head soak and a manual clean also, with no luck.

Checked alignment and also step alignment, all good.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Hannes

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    52 KB · Views: 226
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 137
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 147
  • after.jpeg
    after.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 141

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
When it drops out like that, have you looked at the lines to see if they lost ink, as this does look like ink starvation.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Then that is very strange, as if it's losing ink / dropping out, there should be evidence. The only other place I could think of an air leak would be between the dampers and head. Did you use OEM parts or 3rd party?

rjssigns

Can you print a fill test? A fill test will print solid super saturated bars of each color across the width of the material.

HannesG

best i can is to print a "self designed" block of CMYK and rip it with density at it's max, and then the results looks the same as before.
Can you print a fill test? A fill test will print solid super saturated bars of each color across the width of the material.

rjssigns

Then it may be an electrical issue. Ribbon cable may not be seated. With all the work you did you may have unknowingly bumped into one of them.
Maybe VanderJ will be along and shed some light on the issue.