• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding mutoh VJ 1624X

djkaspersky

Hello everyone, I've got a problem with our "newly" acquired Mutoh VJ 1624X. The machine has been in our company for a year and we cannot use it because inexplicable banding occurs. Most often in the colors blue, green and gray. We have already tried a lot that have already been discussed here in the forum. We previously had a VJ 1614 and VJ 1604 for years and were very satisfied with these printers. Fast, beautiful colors, fine lines are no problem. So we are not beginners. The new VJ 1624X seems like the devil himself. According to the technician, the machine is in perfect condition. However, the results are still bad.

PF Adjustment: 500mm was readjusted and fits.

Nozzle Check: All nozzles are there.

The vacuum has been set and take up is running.

Preheating was set to 35 degrees and post-heating to 45 degrees.

We work with the latest [HASHTAG]#ErgoSoft[/HASHTAG] PosterPrint Version 15.

We made test prints from CMYK and they were perfect. There are also no problems whatsoever in jobs with red and yellow. The technician says it's the profile (we couldn't find a suitable one and created one ourselves, including linearization). Otherwise the machine prints well. We are absolutely at a loss. Attached some pictures.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this. Thank you very much. And sorry for my english. :)

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    44.5 KB · Views: 336
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    45 KB · Views: 239
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 225
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    79.3 KB · Views: 229
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 254

Umca

It looks like feed problem. Check PF-Motor belt tension, PF enccoder and scale position.
Did you try to release some media from roll on back side? I mean try to print not from roll but from media wthout tension and without take-up system.

djkaspersky

It looks like feed problem. Check PF-Motor belt tension, PF enccoder and scale position.
Did you try to release some media from roll on back side? I mean try to print not from roll but from media wthout tension and without take-up system.

Yes, we did, but same result as usual.
How can I check the PF-Motor belt tension or the encoder and scale position?
We are users with no technical background.

The technician said that the machine was running perfectly, wouldn't he have checked that too?

Thanks for your help.

morty87

I had to turn my heat down to like 33 an 35 i believe it was. Not sure if that would be your problem but it seemed to work well with me. I couldn't go over 33. good luck

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It could be a bad damper or air leak in the cyan. You should change the dampers after a year anyway. Has it always printed like this or just recently? If you bought it used, I would change the dampers and cap top and see how that does. It does look similar to a PF issue but the fact that the CMYK print comes out perfect means that can't be the case. The fact that it only happens in blues and greens tells me it's drop out which is when the ink doesn't flow fast enough to the channel to print consistently.

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
What media are you using? We had a problem profile with our 3M IJ180 that caused banding, though not nearly that visible... I can't imagine a profile making that much of a band?

It could be a bad damper or air leak in the cyan. You should change the dampers after a year anyway. Has it always printed like this or just recently? If you bought it used, I would change the dampers and cap top and see how that does. It does look similar to a PF issue but the fact that the CMYK print comes out perfect means that can't be the case. The fact that it only happens in blues and greens tells me it's drop out which is when the ink doesn't flow fast enough to the channel to print consistently.

Cap top replacement helped our last banding problem as well.

Zach Starr

Head of Printing Operations
Yeah mostly the banding problems are related to dampers, sometimes the temperature when its happening on and off.

djkaspersky

My colleagues and I think so too. The ink is running out somewhere else. We bought the machine NEW and had these problems right from the start.
I also suspect a bad damper in cyan. Unfortunately,the technician tell us that the machine is technically working perfectly. How he wants to know without having exchanged the damper, I don't know.

hand851 We have already tried everything else. Unidirectional printing also.

KatePhillips I don't think it's the profile. Because once the print is good and mostly bad. And that with the same material and profile. Nevertheless, we are currently having a profile drawn up by professionals.

Thank you for your help. I will keep you up to date.:)

Umca

In case with bad damper pure colors on printout should prints bad too.
I think for check it is not feed problem you can create vector file with hairline mesh with cells about 5x5 mm. Print and check the lines.