• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding on my HP 315

depps74

HP 315 latex 54" printer.

I’m having banding issues with my HP 315 It started happening on a few recent prints, I ran cleanings, alignment, test plots, nozzle tests, and color calibrations. All seemed normal. I printed solid CMYK squares and they printed with very little banding. So I swapped all my heads for new ones. Upon taking out the old I discovered ink sludge on a 2 of them. The rest were also not looking so good, The ports they sit in had sludge in them too and on the electrical pads. Attached are pics. I cleaned them best I could, but now the banding is worse. I am running cleanings now but at a loss as to what to do.

My maintenance cartridge is at 15%. The old heads were from 2/2020 Attached are pictures of what I am describing
IMG_4289.jpeg
IMG_4289.jpeg
IMG_4289.jpeg
IMG_4293.jpeg
IMG_4290.jpeg
IMG_4288.jpeg
IMG_4293.jpeg
IMG_4290.jpeg
IMG_4288.jpeg
IMG_4287.jpeg

depps74

That's normal.
phew! Should I clean those out? The ports were pretty sldugy and I got what I could but there are some areas I just cant get to?
UPDATE:
-I ran 5 printhead cleanings. The LM Y K color blocks printed perfect but the CYAN got worse and the Magenta was only a little improved.
- I then ran 5 printhead cleanings for just the YM and the CK heads each so 10 total. The cyan is perfect now but the magenta still shows very little improvement.
-any ideas? should I clean the magenta by hand? or clean those ports a little more? Swap out the head and put the old one back to see if its the head?

ToTo

Professional Support
As I can see you are not very experienced in technical troubleshooting. And the knowledge you gathered during installation training and ramp-up is poor. I could recommend you some points, but it would take to long. My advice is to call your sales/service company and let them check for you. If you are a loyal customer and buy your consumables there, it will be less expensive and in addition you can learn a lot.

depps74

As I can see you are not very experienced in technical troubleshooting. And the knowledge you gathered during installation training and ramp-up is poor. I could recommend you some points, but it would take to long. My advice is to call your sales/service company and let them check for you. If you are a loyal customer and buy your consumables there, it will be less expensive and in addition you can learn a lot.
Jesus if you cant say anything nice why say this? Remember when you were new to something? Hope you have a great weekend sir.

ToTo

Professional Support
Jesus if you cant say anything nice why say this? Remember when you were new to something? Hope you have a great weekend sir.
Sometimes the truth is timesaving.
This kind of debris is normal since there is a gap in between printhead and carriage bottom plate. This residual ink can gat in contact with the exposed printhead connector. Thats why you have received a tool in the printer cleaning kit, that comes with the printer and each preventative service kit. This should have been explained with the training you’ve received.
Have you read the user guide? Some IQ issues are well explained. Have you checked the nozzle test? Check also OP! Is the nozzle health information correct when checking service information accessible through the EWS?
Could be a defective printhead, dirty printhead connector, wrong information from drop detection, inconsistent media advance, substrate incompatibility, purger rubber tip missing, maintenance cartridge issues.
Print solids to determine which color is causing the issue. 100C, 40C (for lc) …
Have you installed the latest firmware? In settings/print quality menu you can find a nice test print in the first line to determine IQ problems.