• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding On the Canon 8400s

JamesLam

We have an older Canon 8400s still going strong but occasionally we end up with this banding issue. I've been told it's resolution, it's PhotoShop, it's a conflict between the media used and the print settings. It might be down to the paper we used but possibly some of you can help me get my head on straight regarding banding issues such as this. Possibly the feed has to be tweaked. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5950.JPG
    IMG_5950.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 230
  • IMG_5951.JPG
    IMG_5951.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 67

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
We have an older Canon 8400s still going strong but occasionally we end up with this banding issue. I've been told it's resolution, it's PhotoShop, it's a conflict between the media used and the print settings. It might be down to the paper we used but possibly some of you can help me get my head on straight regarding banding issues such as this. Possibly the feed has to be tweaked. Let me know what you think. Thanks
Assuming that you've checked the file at 100% in PS, and that is not present, it's not the file resolution.
Assuming the paper travel direction is L>R or R>L, almost certainly the media config (though have a look at the nozzle check with a loupe in regular and service mode).
If you're using a fair amount of this paper, and haven't set it up in the media config application, do so. If you're lucky the paper manufacturer might have the AM1 file for the media. You can also do a media adjustment on the fly to fine tune it.

Pale grey, the perfect colour to show media feed issues.

JamesLam

Assuming that you've checked the file at 100% in PS, and that is not present, it's not the file resolution.
Assuming the paper travel direction is L>R or R>L, almost certainly the media config (though have a look at the nozzle check with a loupe in regular and service mode).
If you're using a fair amount of this paper, and haven't set it up in the media config application, do so. If you're lucky the paper manufacturer might have the AM1 file for the media. You can also do a media adjustment on the fly to fine tune it.

Pale grey, the perfect colour to show media feed issues.
I'll tackle it once again tomorrow and see if the suggestions work. Thanks for the tips