• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Banding

Gabriel Aguilar

Hello, so I have a Mimaki JV150-160 and for some reason it keeps banding bad, especially on my reds. So I did a test print and this keeps happening with my reds (mostly) other times its either the black or the cyan (idkwtf). And I keep cleaning it and cleaning it and sometimes it gets normal, alot of times, nothing changes. I don't know what to do. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20210423_094211.jpg
    20210423_094211.jpg
    605.3 KB · Views: 247

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
I don't run a JV150, but here are some general things to look at and check.

-When was the last time the head caps where changed?
- I had a similar issue on my JFX200 that turned out to be a subtank replacement, has this been replaced recently if at all?
- Is the printhead free and clear of any dust / built up ink?
- Is there a pos./neg. pressure adjust for the nozzles at all? The weather is changing which means changing environmental conditions. Being in WI and having 30 deg in the morning and 60 deg when I walk out the door I have had to do this a few times.
-What age is your printhead?

My problem ended up being an ink starvation issue, basically had the trace the ink line from the bottle through the pumps into the head to make sure there was no ink line rupture. Also changed everything in between here and there including ink pump, solonoid, and sub tank. Was just about $100 to change all that but haven't had a problem since. This was the best case scenario and the worst case scenario is the printhead was going, which may be happening and usually in my experience, if you have changed all the above and it is still happening it is the printhead needing to be replaced.

Last edited: