• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banding

WOODBS

i absolutely am tired of this bs banding with my roland 300v. it prints great for a while and then all of a sudden here are some bands for ya??? usually reds and blues, i have done numerous adjustments with the feed cal. even tried different profiles, still there. has anyone figured out a remedy other than adding it to the local dumpster? thanks brett

Kenny

Head shot count...limit is 6billion, and can cause banding due to the head being too weak to fire straight.

Have you had any head strikes lately? If the head gets tweaked, it requires a manual adjust.

Sent you a pm.

Ken

Woods..are you getting the banding on all resolutions? I've NEVER had any success on 320..no prob above that..
Ken

high impact

No matter what I do I have slight banding when I rip with Flexi.

when I use versaworks there is no banding whatsoever. It may not be the printer...

scheid

Could be dampners need changing or weak pump? More heat?

yep.....could be air getting into the lines as the pressure of the ink flow through the machine weakens as it prints.........

..........BUT.........plain and simple.......Flexi is a good RIP........but there are SEVERAL better RIP's..........its like the difference of using a pair of safety scissors compared to a set of regular utility scissors.........sure it will cut......but you will fight it the whole way and it would just look better if you used the regular utility scissors from the start..........

WOODBS

i'll try versaworks again?? the profile i used before was pgvp? i need to figure out how to put the other profiles in there, like oracal, 3m etc. any quick tips?

WOODBS

well, i have wasted alot of ink so far. still at square one. i have set the calibration anywhere from -.3 to +.6
printed out of v-works and flexi, still blasted bands. i'm just gonna wait until tomorrow and call flexi and roland. ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WOODBS

finally talked with flexi and recommended to uninstall version 8.0 and install a download version of 8.1. in the meantime, i have been trying v-works...using default feed setting, not bad. still need some tweaking, though????

Bluweee55

Banding??

Not sure what this is worth, but have you tried something as simple as increasing the PASS count in your ripping softer to 32! I have a SP300 and noticed that printing at 32 PASS no banding, at 16 PASS banding starts, at 8 PASS banding very noticesable, especially when printing SPOT colors. at 32 PASS may take a lot more time to print but result may be satisfactory! I only print at 8 PASS when i print JPG Pictures and need fast printing. Just my 2 cents worth Hope this helps!
:beer

ChiknNutz

Although printing at more passes will likely improve the situation, you shouldn't have to. I ROUTINELY print at 8-pass mode, in fact I RARELY print at anything but. If you machine is even close to being 'in-tune' then it should easily produce quality output at 8-pass mode. 32-pass mode must be glacial-like speed...I simply don't have the patience for that kind of output.

Roland Tech

Check wire tension.

Update the firmware.

Enviro check.

Different profile.

More/less heat.

A thorough manual cleaning w/ sponge/wiper replacement.

Check ink levels- if a cartridge is about to run out it will start to band.

There about a million things that I would try before messing with the calibration of the machine itself. I trust that the engineers know more about that stuff than I do.

When you print the test print from the machine, how do all the nozzles look? Are there deflections/drop out?

Quittin' time for me......... Good luck.

WOODBS

i have tested , nozzles all look good, i have started ripping in versaworks and things look great