• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bank Change Overs

Amer28

Anyone have experience with bank change overs. In this case it is not a normal change over but one where the bank is simply changing its logo and letter style. Pitfalls ? etc. ? Have about 14 banks across about 75 miles. Completely familiar with all fabrication of channel letters, sign boxes, etc but curious if there might be something we are missing. Is there a "smarter"way this might be handled? Also, and in this area towns are all different, would it be blasphamy to ask the bank to get permits since they are already doing business and have business licenses at each location. Seems like it will really increase the price of the job if we have to go to each town, get license and permit for each job - or should we just include this in? I'm worried about "fly-by-nights" quoting without even mentioning permits and, boom, our price is way over. Thanks for any help.

MindsEyeOpen

We do quite a few change-overs. We always include the permit as a line item and have never had a bank choose to get the permits themselves. It really isn't that much of a hassle and the bank will appreciate the "all inclusive" quote. Most banks don't want to have to deal with any aspect of it unless they absolutely have to.