• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

banner installation

WOODBS

what method of install would you guys use for interior painted block walls? i have been using velcro, success except that occasional release of velcro from banner. the paint isnt adhered greatly to block, if i pull the velcro off it brings paint with it...any soution other than grommets and anchors? thanks

Attachments

• mcj.jpg
    mcj.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 76
Could you possibly hang the banners on the metal cross bar above the wall? If it's steel, maybe you could attach the banners with some magnets? I don't know if that would work, just the first thing that I thought of.

GB2

Old Member
These appear to be sponsor banners that stay up for awhile. I think the best solution would be some type of mechanical hanging support such as Banner Track, aluminum flat stock anchored off the wall, pipe anchored off the wall, steel cable tensioned between the I beams, etc. Then you would be able to hang any size banner easily and sturdily. I think the bottoms could just hang free or you could install a bottom support too.

jscarl

Drill hole, insert plastic molly for screws with washers. If taken down, only minimum hole to paint over.

John Butto

banner hanger

Wall looks as if it has room to do this with some pvc and a heat strip. No holes or glue peeling paint.

G-Artist

I'd sell these folks on a framing system (multiple dozens on the market) and after that you could use thin cardstock paper prints.

One-time cost on the frames and very cost efective on the back end, material-wise.

They would look professional and each sign would be uniform in size and quality.

Malkin

Sew the velcro on to the banner instead of using adhesive velcro.

+1 for a frame/hanging system though. It would be much better.

G-Artist

http://www.snapframes.com/

They have it all. But always shop around.

You don't really need a tension frame like you would on the side of a semi unless you wish to stay with providing banner material. That is expensive and a bit of overkill, IMHO.

Get rich and famous.