• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Jet Walk-Thru + UV Ink Conversion!

I run my Tjet using bootcamper on mac with XP home 32 bit..

I tried to use the printer with windows 7 64 bit and run windows XP 32-bit via VM ware. the install works but all the calibration was out of whack.. so i but when it was plugged in the mac with bootcamp it worked flawlessly.

inkfrog

I am based in the UK, I currently run a Roland 540 VSi with a Solvent UV set up. However I want to set up 2 machines with UV LED ink sets. My plan is to import a couple of T Jet 1.6 meter machines or similar. ( I am restricted by access to my 1st floor unit) then once the machines are set up in my unit have a company install the UV LED curing system along with CISS.

The cost of installing the UV LED curing system is approx $4,000 for the 2 machines (4 UV LED Lamps), I have been reading and reading on this UV LED curing technology so that I can make an informed decision on what I spend my money on.

I talked to a Ink "consultant" here in the UK who advised caution on the UV LED curing system which lead me to make enquires with USA/European manufacturers of this technology. I had a quote from 1 of them yesterday and the cost for 1 UV LED lamp was $7,600.

This price has now lead me to question my intended actions, for those here who have done their own UV LED conversion, how crucial to the success of the project was the UV LED lamp set up? Did buying an imported lamp with the correct specifications do the job properly and give quality fully cured work.

player

I am based in the UK, I currently run a Roland 540 VSi with a Solvent UV set up. However I want to set up 2 machines with UV LED ink sets. My plan is to import a couple of T Jet 1.6 meter machines or similar. ( I am restricted by access to my 1st floor unit) then once the machines are set up in my unit have a company install the UV LED curing system along with CISS.

The cost of installing the UV LED curing system is approx $4,000 for the 2 machines (4 UV LED Lamps), I have been reading and reading on this UV LED curing technology so that I can make an informed decision on what I spend my money on.

I talked to a Ink "consultant" here in the UK who advised caution on the UV LED curing system which lead me to make enquires with USA/European manufacturers of this technology. I had a quote from 1 of them yesterday and the cost for 1 UV LED lamp was $7,600.

This price has now lead me to question my intended actions, for those here who have done their own UV LED conversion, how crucial to the success of the project was the UV LED lamp set up? Did buying an imported lamp with the correct specifications do the job properly and give quality fully cured work.

You should start a fresh thread for more responses. Good luck!

kheebl

Sorry for the bump just wondering whatever happened to this project. Was it a success? I came across a bannerjet the other day and it made me think of this conversion thread.