• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Reinforcement Tabs for Corners

Atomic DNA

Hey guys, I'm looking for a solution for a grommet that has been ripped out of a banner corner. What type of solution would you recommend for this? I've been to the Banner Ups website and saw the power tabs but I don't know if I could retro fir these over the rip. I thought maybe using another piece of vinyl to overlap the ripped area and use a power tab along with a grommet? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I would use some HH66 and add some vinyl in to cover over the tear and then try the tabs on the corner with the grommet. I think its more of a trial and error thing at this point depending on how badly the grommet ripped the banner.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I would use some HH66 and add some vinyl in to cover over the tear and then try the tabs on the corner with the grommet. I think its more of a trial and error thing at this point depending on how badly the grommet ripped the banner.

Good advice, done it before and it works
Do a large triangle from the backside with the hh66 and then reset the grommet. Don't think the tab would be needed.
Once the 66 sets up it is very strong.

wayne k
guam usa

ironchef

Hey guys. I ordered a roll of power tape... are the power tags for the corners that necessary? Optional?

signfactoryva

We do triangles front and back with banner hemming tape. HH66 is really good, but we don't use it anymore, it's messy and it takes too long to dry. We also add these on banners we know are going to see some abuse, i.e a 5' X 30' over the street banner. For small banners we lay a strip of 1 1/2" hemming tape on scrap banner material and cut it into squares, then put these squares on the back of the banner where we are going to grommet. So on the corners you end up with two layers, because of the hem, and a third layer with the tab.