• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner tape that sticks to Poly Duck

Erikka@Rainier

Hi all,
We are making banners using Fischer Textiles SI6000 Coated Poly Duck and the banner tape that we are using will not hold. This is a repeat of a job done 2 years ago, only problem is that none of us were here when it was produced and we don't know how they got the banner tape to adhere.

Does anyone know of a better tape to use besides standard banner tape? Any tips or tricks? We can't have them sewn, must be tape only.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Erikka

Erikka@Rainier

are you sure it is not heat welded?

I'm not familiar with heat welding, can you give me a quick explanation. My boss says we did the whole job here, in which case, we would not have the ability to do that, unless it is something as simple as running the banners through our laminator with the heat turned on, which we are attempting to do now, to see if it works.

Thanks for your quick response.

Erikka@Rainier

That will not work. You have to have a heat welding machine. Call the MFG for their suggestion.

I looked up heat welding and we definitely did not do that on the first batch of banners. I have an email in to the MFG, since they are not open on the weekends, I was hoping for a solution sooner.
So far, running the banners through on high heat and increased pressure is working, but I won't know for sure until they sit for a day or two.
Thanks for your response.