• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banner Wielder Problems

sean@indyprint

hey folks!
we've got a Royal (pain in the ass) sovereign RBW-1500s banner wielder that has been giving us nothing but problems
welder4.jpg

1-the copper and blue pulleys aren't staying even with each other..the top blue and copper pulleys go off track and don't line up correctly
welder1.jpg

2-the banner material will get eaten up by the heat of the roller but only in some spots not through the entire weld
welder3.jpg

3- (MOST RECENTLY) the banner will get scrunched up at the beginning of the weld run and start bunching up the whole banner with ripples that have to be straightened out by hand (while trying to weld the banner at the same time)
welder2.jpg

Dan360

My guess is the tension on your copper pulleys is too loose causing it to shift. There's a screw that adjusts that. Also try changing the pressure on your heating and cooling elements.

sean@indyprint

My guess is the tension on your copper pulleys is too loose causing it to shift. There's a screw that adjusts that. Also try changing the pressure on your heating and cooling elements.
thanks! gonna try to tighten the pulleys now. Do you know how to adjust the heating/cooling elements? or a link?

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
thanks! gonna try to tighten the pulleys now. Do you know how to adjust the heating/cooling elements? or a link?

If you wanted to get away from welding or using bannertape, I have a banner material that requires ZERO post production. You simply print and put in your grommets and you are good to go. Will be just as strong, if not stronger than standard 1000x1000 denier 13oz banner. The product is called Jet550 http://www.dickson-coatings.com/images/stories/fiches_techniques/FT_JET_550_en.pdf

bug

Also be careful how you pull it through machine, it needs to be straight as possbile and it shouldnt drag, those cheap and super thin materials can be problem
like guys said before, adjust pressure and heat until you get right and of course be careful if youll change to different materials, test it before

Dan360

At the top in the middle of the elements there is a grub screw with a metal lever on it. Spin the lever clockwise to lower pressure and counter-clockwise to increase it. You may have to adjust the nut that sits where the grub screw goes into the elements. I had to play with ours quite a bit to get it working properly.

sean@indyprint

At the top in the middle of the elements there is a grub screw with a metal lever on it. Spin the lever clockwise to lower pressure and counter-clockwise to increase it. You may have to adjust the nut that sits where the grub screw goes into the elements. I had to play with ours quite a bit to get it working properly.
im trying to locate the grub screw you're referring to.. Is it in the same spot as the screw that keeps the top cover down?

Dan360

im trying to locate the grub screw you're referring to.. Is it in the same spot as the screw that keeps the top cover down?

Here's a photo of where it is, between the two silver screws, there's one above each element, just remember to spin the metal lever and not the grub itself.

Attachments

• IMG_20170524_153744.jpg
    IMG_20170524_153744.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 316

tacman605

I know this is an older thread but I need help. We have the 1500S welder and I am at my wits end.

The welding belt is held in place by spring tension. I have replaced belts and used the adjustment screws according to the manual, however the belts, both welding and drive, continue to come off of the rollers resulting in bad welds and damage to the banners. We weld and sell many blank banners, about 100 in three days, in addition to printed custom banners, I don't think this machine is up to that kind of volume.

Does anyone know what the recommended tension is on the belts? I have adjusted both the drive and welding belts numerous times along with the tension on the heating plates and RS does not seem to be of any help. We had a tech at the shop a few months ago due to the fact the machine would overheat and simply stop when doing a volume of 4x8 banners. He replaced a lot of parts and now we have this problem.

The last resort is a hammer in the parking lot. Any help would be appreciated.