• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Banners

captainron19

Need to make a couple of banners for outdoor use - to be hung on side of a building for extended period of time. What is the best thickness of banner to use for something like this.... will have vinyl lettering and 1 graphic on it.

Sign Eagle

We installed a 40' x 14', 13oz banner using 42" cut vinyl letters in 2005 on an exterior brick wall, it's still up and still in decent shape. It's tight on the wall and anchored every 2ft.

Mosh

we use 13 oz for normal banners, 16 for stuff going to be up a while. Banners are SHORT TERM, be sure the customer knows this.
I have morons that order banners and think they will last 5 years.....Morons..I meant customers....

as a rule we do 13oz for "normal" short term banners and 16oz for longer periods. as mosh says, make sure you inform the customer that banners as really not ideal for long term. i know in our town you can only have banners up a certain time before they need to be removed.

visual800

If banner is out of direct sun and anchored good it WILL last 5 years! Ive got one in a neighboring town for an orthodontist that was up for 6. We just changed it out becuase she took on a partner. Now from the rd the banner was great but once I took it down I could really see the wear on it. It was only 10oz with vinyl.

If you want one to last a year it wont. If you put one up temporarily it will last 10 years...stupid i know

J

john1

I'd go up in the weight of the banner some, 13oz is standard around my area, I'd probably do 15 or 18 oz