• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bar logo - help

stephenj148

Working on this one ( if you call it that, banging my head against the desk hoping a good idea comes )

Need a good concept for this logo, its a dive type bar, but a cool atmosphere.

trying to stay way from beer mugs and that sort of thing.

stephenj148

forgot to attach the image..

i'm using wood grain texture because this bar has a lot of wood carvings in the walls, tables etc.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 12.06.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 12.06.47 PM.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 102

stephenj148

something like this? I'm still feel like it needs something else...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 1.11.10 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-04-03 at 1.11.10 PM.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 84

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Excellent link, Rick! I'll file that away for future inspiration!

I believe Pat Whatley first posted this link on the forum... right when I was about to give this graphics thing all up and flip burgers, I get pulled back in with beer and great graphics...

Craig Sjoquist

Does the wood have to be that dark, meaning is it going on where the backdrop is very light.

To me if your going for simple plain look on fonts. Then the rest shout be maxed out, meaning the wood should look woody as all get out with full dimension, both wood and main word..... I would lighten up wood so you can see grain well plus use planks and hardware.

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Alrighty, based on what you have shown thus far ... you need to discuss what you need to design with your customer ... he/she/they/it might have a dive bar ... but you need to discuss design options for them. Rick gave an excellent example as to which to go from ... and you need to avoid the computer initially ... I can tell you are trying to slap a font to some text and trying to make it work ... that isn't designing ... that is half assing it. pull out a pencil and some paper and sketch some ideas. they might not want beer mugs but there are tons of other options.

http://www.google.com/search?q=pub ...urce=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=B1V7T4yiFseA2gWX6cieAw

that right there is just a simple search for pub signs ... all of them have one thing in common, they use a good design with an appropriate style of typeface.

just to reiterate ... talk to customer ... start over ... don't go straight to the software to design, weed your bad ideas out on paper first.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I wanted to play... quickie ideas after perusing the beer site.

Attachments

• PENUCHES DIRTY.jpg
    PENUCHES DIRTY.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 77
  • PENUCHES-2.jpg
    PENUCHES-2.jpg
    641.5 KB · Views: 82
  • PENUCHES-1.jpg
    PENUCHES-1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 92