• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Battery Replacement on JV33 for Reset of Time

BillyLrsn

Does anyone know what cover to remove to get access to the battery in the JV33? I am having the expired ink problem on 2 Cyan cartridges and all the cyan my supplier has are expired. I think the battery would be the way to go to make it work, but need more info please.

You arent going to be able to fix the problem by pulling the battery if you have expired cartridges they are expired the only way to get around it is reset the chip on cartridge or downgrade firmware which on the JV-33 wouldnt be real feasable. The battery is located on the main control board of printer it isnt recommended to take out though you run the risk of reseting all printer presets and settings. If you bought those cartridges from a distributor they should do something about them...

BillyLrsn

Thanks for the heads up digital....our supplier had two es3 cyan cartridges over-nighted from mimaki warehouse in GA. I will call the rumors false about mimaki sending ink with only a couple months left on them. The two cartridges I received this morning expire in March of 2011!

Billy the supplier is the reason for the ink being expired... seen it way too many times b/c the supplier most of the time doesnt know that the ink thats on there shelfs needs to be circulated and checked for expiration date. THEY DONT and its as easy as the ones that get old they send back to mimaki and get credit. Once again THEY DONT

In future I would keep a real close eye on the ink cartridge when you are replacing them they have the date on them and another percuation and way to keep up is write the date on cartridge when you put it in machine that way you can know. Alot of printers do this so that they can keep track.

Lastly Mimaki doesnt sale expired ink to there distributors lol I bet the distributor blamed it on mimaki .... uh huh sure

have a great day

DigitalBBQ

JV33 Permanent Chips to solve expires inks

You can installed the pre-programmed JV33 permanent unlimited chips on each color, they cost about $35-45 US Dollars each from China or Korea.
Just watch for dealer that wont' rip you off, and not all of them programmed correctly either! Dealer in Canada retail for $100+ per chip, but the same thing from China for $35-$45 plus DHL 3 days to N. America for $50.

Anytime you have the expired ink, just pop out the OEM chip, and put one of matching color unlimited chips and re-insert back, restart the Mimaki. The ink should be back to 9 again.

The drawback is that you won't know how much ink left for sure, you will have to perhaps weigh on the scale to keep track of inks remaining, or using one of those refillable cartridges with unlimited chips on it, so you will see the actual ink level.

Next problem is ink quality of the 3rd party ink suppliers !!!