• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Before & After Split Image Slider Software

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm in the market for software to create Before and After images with a slider for user control. It will be used on our PHP/HTML website.

I've found a lot of them searching the web. Most are designed to run on Wordpress websites which I do not want to get into switching my site over to Wordpress. Others get into some computer jargon such as JS Query etc. that makes my eyes glaze over. What I want is a product that is user friendly and can create the desired images in just a couple of minutes.

One product I found is a plugin for Adobe Dreamweaver and appears to be very capable and reasonably user friendly. Here's a link to the product: https://www.projectseven.com/products/galleries/bfa/demo-01.htm

Since I already have a licensed copy of Dreamweaver, the BFA plugin shown in the above linked page will work for me but I'm hoping anyone reading this that is familiar with such software will chime in with advice as well as any other options or products I should also be looking at.

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

Others get into some computer jargon such as JS Query etc. that makes my eyes glaze over. What I want is a product that is user friendly and can create the desired images in just a couple of minutes.

Jquery is a JS library that allows for shorthand writing of JS code. That's really the main purpose for it. Never been a fan of it, people have become too dependent on it. But I digress (as I usually do).

Since it appears that you are also the one directly working on the website and it's not a hired out job, my first suggestion is code it yourself, that way not beholding to what may or may not work for your website or if it will be a supported plugin for whatever software you are wanting to use.

I know not a very popular suggestion for some, but ideally it allows for the most control/ability and allow for long term viability as you aren't going to be dependent on a 3rd parties product still being around or still working if your Dreamweaver is CC and has the updating schema that it does.

Nice thing about JS, usually it's a quick internet search to find a good place to start and just replace a few things here and there (maybe sizing for the images and replace their images with your own, changes like that) and probably get that done quicker then vetting a product. Certainly quicker then porting something entirely over to something else (like migrating over to WordPress etc).

Although, if your Dreamweaver is a supported version, may check to see if other Dreamweaver users may have come up with a template to do that very thing and may be able to use that as well. And still be able to have more control over it then relying on someone else's plugin or separate product. Templates usually have a longer "shelf life" then full blown plugins.

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

Good ole Github.

I would not use any that are a few yrs old and/or don't have a license attached to them.

Personally, I would try to avoid node usage as that's going to bring quite a few dependencies as well that Fred may not want to use.

Swap Node with Deno and that may be fine.

I worry about something that can be done with vanilla JS and bringing in Node into it all.