• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Being laidoff somehow equals less stress.

DeadDoc

Recently the gf and I were laid off from our jobs. Since April of last year, I was promoted to PM and my stress level somehow got even worse than when I was doing LF printing and installation. Now since the layoff almost a month ago my stress has subsided a lot. Wooo!

Sadly, I still need to find another job. Booo! Waiting on a call back for a car wrapping job.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Being unemployed can be awesome. ....until the $$ runs out.

I was unemployed for the first time in my adult life a while back. I had a blast, got to be a full time mom and tinker with hobbies. Then reality hits and ya gotta find a job. That was 8 years ago, hopefully you find a great job that makes you happy for years to come.

DeadDoc

Being unemployed can be awesome. ....until the $$ runs out.

I was unemployed for the first time in my adult life a while back. I had a blast, got to be a full time mom and tinker with hobbies. Then reality hits and ya gotta find a job. That was 8 years ago, hopefully you find a great job that makes you happy for years to come.
Thanks and I hear ya.

This is my second time now but it's a different situation now. Prior hand was more of a labor of passion and had the worst schedule you could ever image in a manufacturing job and this job was a just job that was able to pay me well enough and started right as the pandemic hit which is also when my money dried up. I had no LF experience but had 6 years of small format. There were just lots of red flags that I should have caught prior to going full time and ended up moving across the state with it. Got a house to boot. I was become rather depressed again during the last 2 years of the job especially after they fired someone who was actually trying to help out the employees for once.

Sadly, this is an extreme tourist city that really doesn't pay well without a degree.

So we shall see! Maybe I will get my starter going again and make some more bread since I put it down when I got employed.

Attachments

• 54428334_10104174792998393_4465607154123931648_n.jpg
    54428334_10104174792998393_4465607154123931648_n.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
Recently the gf and I were laid off from our jobs. Since April of last year, I was promoted to PM and my stress level somehow got even worse than when I was doing LF printing and installation. Now since the layoff almost a month ago my stress has subsided a lot. Wooo!

Sadly, I still need to find another job. Booo! Waiting on a call back for a car wrapping job.
Too bad you are in Georgia. We’re looking for an installer.

DeadDoc

Too bad you are in Georgia. We’re looking for an installer.
We are not opposed to relocating at the current moment. I do know Atlanta is on the table right now, where we moved from.
that looks delicious.
Thanks. Tried to find my studio photo based one but could not find it.
Been through it. Time to make some income from a hobby!
Went down that rabbit hole between the printing jobs with brewing beer. It was fun, to an extent, but the oay was not worth the troubles.

Maybe photography could be a good route but everyone is a photographer here.

Also thinking of trying to get back into school and going back down my original path of astrophysics/aerospace or IT. Got massively derailed due to a life event at the end of my junior year of HS.

Last edited: