• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best 54" Printer For Printing On Wall Fabric (adhesive)

Alexandra Lewis

Hi guys,

I currently own a Mutoh eco-solvent printer and am hoping to purchase another printer in case my Mutoh ever has any issues.

What 54" printer would you recommend for printing wallpaper on wall fabric?

Currently I print on wall vinyl which takes a while to dry, and will scratch if I used a take-up (I currently take every printed panel and place them on a flat surface by themselves to cure for 3 days before cutting around the edges).

I have heard that HP Latex printers produce instantly dry prints, and the ink is cheaper.

Really interested to know your thoughts.

Alexandra

Alexandra Lewis

HP LATEX, thats a no brainer to be honest the machine is ideal for wall graphic applications.

Thank you! I have heard that the HP latex ink can run after a few months on wall fabric... is there any truth to this do you think? It's just quite a big purchase for me and I want to make sure I get it right :)

fine point

HP LATEX, thats a no brainer to be honest the machine is ideal for wall graphic applications.
We have an Epson S40 64" and print solely wall graphics (mactac, Avery etc). The prints are dry to touch right away and it doesn't get scratched nor smeared.

We outgas it for overnight before laminate though. It's a great machine.

PrintTrader

Merchant Member
We have both latex and eco solvent machines. Given the choice I would not print interior wall graphics on a (eco) solvent printer due:

- noticeable solvent smell, even weeks after installation;

- edge curling; latex inks just won't curl the material the same way the solvent inks do, especially if contour cut;

- I never seen it but it's always on my mind - solvent ink transfer through material into the wall for prolonged use. I heard rumors people run into this on occasion with wehicle wraps;

- latex just prints beautifully on wall fabric / adhesives. Agfa has some excellent wall products

Last edited:

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Also have a couple ecoSol printers and a couple Latex, we no longer run any wall coverings or pop up banner materials on the EcoSol machines as the end product seems much more durable off the Latex, also prints much faster for us.