• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Eco Solvent Cleaner

Charly L

Hello folks,
Bough a used Roland SC-540 that has clogged heads & was using Inktec ink. Was curious if anyone knows where to get InkTec eco solvent cleaner as I notice that folks commonly suggest just the cleaner that the ink brand makes. Also, In your opinions which is best eco-solvent cleaner out there. Trying to unclog dx4 heads. Thanks guys

Signchief

the most important thing is that you use a product designed for your printer so long as it's formulated for your printer the brand is less important but I would recommend using roland branded fluid. I usually end up getting a cleaning cartridge and empty it out into a solvent resistant bottle.

printhog

Hello folks,
Bough a used Roland SC-540 that has clogged heads & was using Inktec ink. Was curious if anyone knows where to get InkTec eco solvent cleaner as I notice that folks commonly suggest just the cleaner that the ink brand makes. Also, In your opinions which is best eco-solvent cleaner out there. Trying to unclog dx4 heads. Thanks guys

I use Bordeaux or Triangle head cleaning solution for yakked up heads. Fellers.com carries both. eco sol inks for roland are all based on similar chemistry. you just dont want to intermix different brands of actual ink as some may react, but for cleaning purposes any brands' head cleaner will work. Clogged heads with any drying time on them can be hard to recover unless youre experienced. Usually the most difficult issue is clogging in the cap station drain lines and pumps as ink gels up in them. cleaning both is simple. plug the drain line by clamping with hemostats, fill the cap stations with the head cleaner, and put the heads back onto the cap station manually (power off). let them soak for 2 or 3 days. then unplug the drains, run a full clean at power up. this usually gets the worst out, and repeating the process daily will improve the situation. cleaning the heads by swabbing is not recommended by Roland or Epson (the head manufacturer) but dabbing a swab soaked in head cleaner is fine.

http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/d...es/manuals and guides/cleaningguide_en_r3.pdf

Completely flushing the heads and supply lines is a complex step, but also an opportunity to swap ink brands and get a lot of performance back, unless head shot counts are out of the lifespan. Bordeuax offers some tech support for that and a complete inkswap kit. a service manual would be a smart buy for you.. Roland SOLJET-Pro2 SC 540 CJ-540 Service Notes Manual

Charly L

Thanks for all the help. Currently the heads have been soaking for a week in the cap tops and have the yellow head out which is also soaking. Broke the manifold on two of my heads. Thinking of filling the dampers with solvent cleaner that way they can have cleaning solution on both sides of the head. Did get a service manual e-mailed from China. I will double check & see if its the same as the one you linked.

Completely flushing the heads? What does that mean exactly? Flushing them with cleaning fluid?

Hello Charly L,

It's great that you're being resourceful and trying to get the machine restored on your own. However, based on the info you've posted, there's a very strong chance the heads may be unrecoverable. So, if that turns out to be true, it's recommended to start working with an authorized Roland dealer to have your printer repaired.

If you have additional questions or need extra support directly from Roland corporate support, please submit an "official" support request form online here: Product Support Form | Roland

If you do write us, we look forward to helping you and take care,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA Corp.
rn

Charly L

I would love too. It's just not very affordable. It would cost me 2 to 3 times more to used Roland Technical Support. Unless their is something i'm unaware off?