• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best format to save the files for textile printing

rasa.su

Hello, I recently purchased a Mimaki TX300P-1800 MkII textile printer. I will be working with Rasterlink 6 plus. I plan to print on 100% cotton and linen fabrics. I bought patters from online websites, but I can't figure out the best format to save the files for printing. I get very different file formats from designers. Some only send .png or .jpeg files. Others send more options, add .eps or .ai files. My main job now is to make 5 different sizes in Photoshop of each pattern and save them for printing with Rasterlink. I've already read so many articles on the Internet that I'm lost and don't know what to choose: tiff or pdf or png or.. Also what color profile to choose? Cmyk or RGB? All patterns comes with RGB. I tried all kinds and printed them, but I can't see the difference between them, only .eps file prints in different colors. I look forward to any advice from your life experience.