• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best option

So a local school is needing a old sign redone. They want a 30"x72" image to replace old vinyl decal. The vinyl is so caked on that it is coming of in very small pieces. I had a guy spend about an hour today on it and he got maybe 10% done.

I'm wondering if anyone has any way of getting this old vinyl off without taking paint off. We used rapid remover, heat, bland, but it's just taking too long.

I'm actually thinking about just cleaning it real good with soft sander and placing new printed sheet over it. My only concern is small bubbles in area were vinyl and metal meet

Any and all suggestions appreciated

HulkSmash

So a local school is needing a old sign redone. They want a 30"x72" image to replace old vinyl decal. The vinyl is so caked on that it is coming of in very small pieces. I had a guy spend about an hour today on it and he got maybe 10% done.

I'm wondering if anyone has any way of getting this old vinyl off without taking paint off. We used rapid remover, heat, bland, but it's just taking too long.

I'm actually thinking about just cleaning it real good with soft sander and placing new printed sheet over it. My only concern is small bubbles in area were vinyl and metal meet

Any and all suggestions appreciated

I'd tell them a 30x72 slab of material is much cheaper then the labor to remove that.