• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

best orange

WrapperX

Wouldn't the "best orange" be a relative term. The real question is what kind of orange are you looking for.

If you're trying to get a bright, neon orange like Gatorade. Not gonna happen. If you want just a basic orange. Get a Process Pantone Chart printed and look at the spectrums. For each profile we use we have a Default Solid to Process Pantone chart that we color match from a Pantone booklet. Its a pain but thats how me match exact colors. Alot by eye, and alot from tweaking here and there.

Plus is it indoor orange or outdoor orange. Differances in light quality WILL change what the color looks like. One orange indoors may look great. Take that same orange outside into the sunlight and it could be really yellow or really red or worse.

Long story short. there's no short cut to getting the color you want. Print some samples and start adjusting levels until you get the color you/ your customer wants. Then write it down, the color mix I mean.

thewood

WrapperX touched on some great points.

Try printing CMYK swatches of something like 0/40/100/0 and add magenta in small increments until you reach a suitable orange.

nuke

signs since 1999
thanks for the help

thanks alot, thats what i did, i just kept going up on the magenta until i found what i was looking for.

tbaker

color gamut for your printer actually depends on a few things, type of ink being one of them.

Oranges, greys, and just about any "bright" color are the most affected. In all the years I ran a jv3, I never once ran an orange that I was pleased with ( Triangle inks, flexi 7.6)

Personally I would print color swatches in the range that I wanted, and go from there.

I did a TON of work for one of the racetracks, and gatorade was one of the sponsors, let me tell you what kind of nightmare that was...

It's all about knowing your printer and it's limitations, and then, not being afraid of just running mass swatches. Record those colors that you use alot and keep them handy so you don't need to go through it every time you get a difficult color.

Case

Time to get an Epson GS6000... No machine out there solvent that can hit a better orange.........Wonder why? It has an orange ink cartridge............
cyan, magenta, yellow, black, light cyan, light magenta, orange and green...

best color gamut solvent printer on the market....

Case

thewood

Time to get an Epson GS6000... No machine out there solvent that can hit a better orange.........Wonder why? It has an orange ink cartridge............
cyan, magenta, yellow, black, light cyan, light magenta, orange and green...

best color gamut solvent printer on the market....

Case

Hexachrome ink sets that include orange and green inks are available for many printers, including the JV3.

HaroldDesign

looking for best orange i can print with jv3
Signlab8, CMYK x 2
Thanks
IMHO - this is the best orange you can print or eat.

Attachments

• Cuties-California-Oranges.jpg
    Cuties-California-Oranges.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 67

Gary Wiant

Tomorrow when I get to the shop I'll post the color I print with Signlab 9.0, granted it's not pantone orange but it works for almost anything I've had to do. and if it doesn't work I cut vinyl and apply it over the print.

Gary Wiant

Sorry I was tied up all day yesterday and didn't get online all day. The Orange I use is R-255 G-138 B-0 It's not wow bright orange but it is the best I have found, if you have a better orange please post the values I'd love to find a better one

Thanks
Gary

jfiscus

Rap Master
This is the best orange I have printed. (It is actually a modified lemon from a stock art site)

Seriously though, print out a Pantone chart on your printer (to show CMYK conversion) and you should be able to find the orange you're looking for. This also helps tremendously when a client comes in and has their logo/artwork in spot colors; you can show them ahead of time how their color will print off of your printer & if any tweaks need to be done.

We currently have 4 charts to show / hand out (L-R gloss banner, standard print vinyl, printable reflective, wrap vinyl). Every new roll of vinyl you get make a habit of using the first (usually junk) portion of the roll to print a chart on instead of just wasting it. ;)

Attachments

• JUNK-Logo.jpg
    JUNK-Logo.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 60
  • color charts.jpg
    color charts.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 66

Gary Wiant

Yes we do the same. I use Signlab 8 now 9 and print swatch palettes which include all my edge foil colors process colors and Pantone colors, on each vinyl we stock.
Later
Gary