• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best transfer tape for oracal 651 vinyl

phototec

I have been told by Grimco rep that their Brightline Plus application tape will work with Oracal 651 vinyl (which requires high tack app tape), however after trying it the vinyl will not come off the backing paper.

Anyone have any info on this besides the common recommendation to use use Conform 4075?

Thanks

visual800

i use layflat tape from advatage sign supply, I was using conform, layflat a little cheaper same quality

decalman

I don't do lots of lettering, but for that I'd use high tack with the 651

I make lots of over ten foot graphics, so I want med tack. Harder to get it on sale, because the demand is for high tack. I want cheap, why? because your only going to use it once, rip it off and then , throw it away. :omg:

DanTheMan

I'm not speaking from my own personal experience, but I know that the transfer tape Orafol recommends for use with the 651 Vinyl is the MT-95 and HT-55.

AF

Conform has never let us down. When applied with the laminator on large graphics it is easier to install. Big Squeegee for smaller stuff.

CanuckSigns

First of all, It was the intention of sarcasm behind his comment that was honestly unnecessary, All the other 20 members seemed to use some 5th grade comprehension skills and put it together for themselves. I think anyone could read the body following the title put this together. I Simply just wanted to know if anyone out there was using AT75 and if not; what IS everyone using?. with my experience, You swipe it one good time and pull it right off the backing paper. Which I have never once been able to with paper transfer. You always have to go back and forth,back and forth to catch the corners and edges of the letters. Who honestly wants to deal with that. Esp when the consumer of the product my customer is selling to, Does not know a single thing about applying transfer vinyl. I want to make it as easy as possible for them. Does that make sense?

You may have heard sarcasm, but I was genuinely wondering what the question was. Allow me to sum up your post:

"I have been using a product that works really well, but I ran out and used an inferior product, it failed. The product that works well is expensive, but I don't mind paying for it" There was literally no question in your entire post. If you ment to ask what the best product to use is, I would assume the correct answer is the the tape you have been using successfully all these years.... am I missing something here?

kingpin79

Is there any differences between the RTape 4075RLA (high tack) and Oratape MT 55 (medium tack)? On RTape web site they say that 4075RLA is high tack paper, but on some forums I read that there is no some differences between these two tape. I use the Oracal 641 MAT, and HT55 is too weak to pull the vinyl from backing paper. The cutting depth is ok so that is not a problem.

0igo

Just saw this thread.... or I would've been in the game sooner.

Reading the title, I figured you had found the best tape for Oracal 651 vinyl.
It's not in the form or a question and no where do you really ask or say anything other than how you operate, which for me sounds a little odd.... as some have posted already.
Why, is someone asking you to clarify, being a 'jacka$$' ?? :help

I'd sooner think if this customer is so big to you, you'd be better prepared and have a handle on your needs/inventory when someone is ordering such an item. To knowingly hand them an inferior product, your words.... is most irresponsible. Perhaps, the other guy only lost because of price.

Just replace the bad ones and do your job right, since you seem to have all the answers. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• canvas2.jpg
    canvas2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 242