• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best way to mount sign panel?

natedawg9640

I need to mount a ~36" x 80" piece of alumalite to the side of a metal building. Custom would like minimally invasive, and for the face to ride about 2-3 inches off the surface of the building. Suggestions?

Billct2

If wall is acessible from inside 3 bolts top & bottom thru blocks.
If wall isn't accessible a french cleat with sheet metal screws & silicone.

Pat Whatley

Depending on the construction....

If by minimally invasive you mean the customer doesn't want you drilling 50 new holes in his building then it's pretty simple. Get 6 1"x3" pvc couplings to use as your spacers. Remove the 2" screws holding the metal panels to the building, mount your sign in those same holes using 5" screws. No new holes, no damage.

natedawg9640

I like that. Here's another one for you. how can i mount the sign without piercing the sign face?

it's jsut going to be a digital print applied to a piece of alumalite and contour cut.

Pat Whatley

Screw two pieces of 2" square tubing to the building by removing the existing screws and replacing with longer screws.

Mount two pieces of 2" x 2" angle aluminum to the back of your sign. Make sure the top piece is set to sit on top of the top piece of square tubing....the bottom angle needs to be below the bottom square tubing.

Screw them together.

Collect check, go home.

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 56

natedawg9640

sign would be about 75" x 30" or so... Just for giggles, what would you charge? mimaki solvent print. 3M controltac w.lam on alumalite.

install hasn't been discussed. sounded like they might want to install. i'd just tell them how.

Attachments

• Sample.jpg
    Sample.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 66

TheSellOut

Great advise Pat!

For two points of adhesion I'd put some 1/8" pop rivets through the aluminum angle into the back of the sign.

natedawg9640

sign would be about 75" x 30" or so... Just for giggles, what would you charge? mimaki solvent print. 3M controltac w.lam on alumalite.

install hasn't been discussed. sounded like they might want to install. i'd just tell them how.

I realise it's all relevant... but i just want a cross section i guess.