• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Best Window Perf and Laminate

Mr. T

I will be installing some window perf on our shop truck and I want to use a material that will look good. I have recently seen some that you can see where the perf was squeegeed onto the window.
Thanks,
Tracy

WB

Most of those lines you see when new perf is applied will eventually go away. it's just air thats been trapped.. give it a few weeks in the sun and all those marks should disapear.

Letterbox Mike

Squeegee marks will go away once it's sat in the sun for a few days, nothing to be alarmed about, although it can look a little crummy at first.

For materials, for vehicles our preference is Clear Focus 50/50. For short term jobs that you don't need to worry about lasting more than 6 months or so we'll use Solvex, it's alot less expensive but it won't last as long. We also use Solvex for shorter term windows as well (although we do have a huge 2000 s.f. window job that was supposed to be temporary that's now been up for 3+ years and it looks as good as it did the day we installed it, and with no laminate at that!).

kstompaint

I like the solvex. We normally use Oracal on all vehicle applications but it is much more difficult to install. I put the Solvex on my truck and so far, so good. We removed a wrap last week that another shop installed. I'm pretty sure they used 3M. It was a little over 2 years old and was not holding up well at all.

Mr. T

Thanks guys. OK, I thought the streaks would stay. Glad that got cleared up.
Should I use the special over lam also? I have Oracal 290 in stock.
Tracy

cptcorn

adad
I like the solvex. We normally use Oracal on all vehicle applications but it is much more difficult to install. I put the Solvex on my truck and so far, so good. We removed a wrap last week that another shop installed. I'm pretty sure they used 3M. It was a little over 2 years old and was not holding up well at all.
Did they edge seal the graphic? Everything we've put on has last well beyond 2 years without an issue.
Thanks guys. OK, I thought the streaks would stay. Glad that got cleared up.
Should I use the special over lam also? I have Oracal 290 in stock.
Tracy
You should use an optically clear laminate.

kstompaint

You HAVE to use optically clear laminate. Otherwise you can't see anything out the window and you might as well just wrap it with 3951.